A cash-buying company is exactly what it sounds like – a business that specialises in buying homes for cash without the help of a mortgage or loan.
But how do you know if they are true cash buyers or borrowers who have a bridging loan facility with a lender?
You’ll need to ask for today’s bank statement and look at their Limited Company record to see if they have registered charges, as these will suggest they are borrowing to buy. Even if they have a relationship with a bridging loan company, they would need to instruct valuations, and there will be delays.
One of the benefits is they can buy any property in any condition. Don’t sign any agreements and insist that they pay your legal fees.
By selling to a committed cash buyer, you will avoid the hassle of property chains, such as the long wait times or the risk of the chain breaking.
By selling to Property Saviour, there are no surveys, you can complete the sale in just 10 days or at your timescale. Plus we don’t drop the price at the last minute (gazundering)!
Table of Contents
What happens when a home buying company buys your house?
When you sell your home to home-buying companies, you can streamline the complicated and time-consuming process of selling a house. Cash buyers like us aim to reduce the stress of this journey.
Depending on your chosen company, your legal fees may be paid, and we can even buy your home in as little as seven days!
We pay £1,500 towards your legal fees. We believe this is much higher than our competitors.
What sale options do home buying companies offer?
When selling to house-buying companies, it’s important to understand upfront that you won’t get the full market value for your property.
Most companies offer 70% of the property’s value, but the exact amount you get depends on your property’s location, size, and condition.
If anyone offers you 80% or more, you could take that with a pinch of salt.
This is because any house-buying company needs to make a profit. These are some of the costs a property-buying company will incur:
- Legal fees – 2% of the purchase price as they’d be expected to pay the seller’s legal costs;
- Stamp duty – 3% of purchase price;
- Estate agent fees – 2% of resale price;
- Refurbishment costs;
- Holding costs – council tax, insurance and utilities;
- Finance costs as many property buying companies don’t have the cash – these are costs for servicing the bridging loan at typically 1% interest per month;
- Profit margin before other costs.
Which house buying company is the best?
The one you can trust!
With so many property-buying companies, how do you know which ones are the good ones?
The best cash house buyers are the ones with genuine seller reviews. They are humble, friendly and have a transparent approach. They don’t need funding from a bridging company; hence, there are no endless valuations from estate agents.
We don’t like to brag, but we are grateful to homeowners who have left us with their Success Stories. We are only as good as our next review and will work hard to earn your review.
As much as we’d like to say we’re the top house buying company in the UK, we don’t brag. We don’t criticise our competitors either, but we can say that Property Saviour meets all the criteria.
- We’re a cash buyer with a physical office. Our property experts have 50 years of experience between them!
- We’re not a lead generation website.
- All our purchases are funded from our own funds, and we don’t use dodgy loans.
So, if you’re looking for a legitimate, cash-ready buyer for your house, then look no further than us.
Property Saviour Price Promise
- The price we’ll offer is the price that you will receive with no hidden deductions.
- Be careful with ‘cash buyers’ who require a valuation needed for a mortgage or bridging loan.
- These valuations or surveys result in delays and price reductions later on.
- We are cash buyers. There are no surveys.
- We always provide proof of funds with every formal offer issued.
We'll Pay £1,500 Towards Your Legal Fees
- No long exclusivity agreement to sign because we are the buyers.
- You are welcome to use your own solicitor.
- If you don’t have one, we can ask our solicitors for recommendations.
- We share our solicitor’s details and issue a Memorandum of Sale.
Sell With Certainty & Speed
- Our approach is transparent and ethical, which is why sellers trust us.
- 100% Discretion guaranteed.
- If you have another buyer, you can put us in a contracts race to see who completes first.
- Complete in 10 days or at a timescale that works for you. You are in control.