Companies that buy houses offer a service that can’t be matched by estate agents, allowing homeowners to achieve a quicker-than-normal sale.
Most homeowners prefer to sell their homes quickly and safely to cash buyers if they can. This process is much faster but you won’t get the full price.
If you can wait and want to achieve the best price then selling with an estate agent is the only option.
Companies that buy houses for cash are looking to make a profit by purchasing a property at a discount, fix the issues and sell it back on the market.
In this article, we’ll explore what happens when you sell your house to a cash-house-buying company and what you can expect. We’ll start by briefly explaining how these companies work, and then break it down.
Table of Contents
The Affordability of Companies that Buy Houses
Homeowners who decide to sell their home using a company that buys houses can save thousands in estate agent fees.
High street estate agents charge a percentage of the home sale as their fee, so those with higher-valued homes are charged more than those with a more modest house price – for the same service.
Estate agent fees range from 0.75% to 3%. As of March 2023, the average UK house price stands at £285,000, according to ONS.
Companies that buy houses will make you a cash offer. There are no estate agent or legal fees. Here at Property Saviour, we will pay £1,500 towards your legal fees and complete the purchase within 10 days guaranteed.
How companies that buy houses work?
When selling your home, if time is on your hand, you should try and sell with an estate agent. While this option comes with uncertainty, an owner-occupier, such as a first-time buyer, will pay you the most for your property.
If your circumstances require a quicker sale, you have equity in your home and you will consider a cash offer, then a reputable property-buying company is the way to go.
You might wonder, “How do companies that buy houses work?” It’s a valid question.
Look at their reviews. Speak to them about their processes. Will they pass you from one person to the next?
Will they send two estate agents around for a valuation? Carefully pay attention to their reviews, are they genuine?
Here at Property Saviour, we are remarkably different in a good way.
We’ll provide you with proof of funds in the form of a bank statement. All of our Success Stories are genuine, and our staff names are mentioned as one point of contact throughout the sale.
So.. How do companies that buy houses work?
Companies that buy houses can offer a quick and easy solution. Any genuine company should be able to complete the purchase within 10 days or at your timescale.
When you contact these house-buying companies, they’ll want to know some details about you and the property, and then they’ll do a valuation. We require some photos of the property before we can make you an offer.
They’ll usually offer around 70% of the property’s value (or they wouldn’t stay in business).
If you accept the offer, the payment will be processed, and you should get the funds in your bank account in a few days.
This means you don’t have to worry about being in a chain or dealing with an estate agent like you would in a traditional sale.
With Property Saviour, you can use your own solicitor. We’ll pay £1,500 towards your legal fees. This is the most generous offer in our industry as many ‘buyers’ want you to use ‘their solicitor’.
Do companies that buy houses offer a guaranteed sale?
Yes, if you are dealing with a genuine cash house-buying company. How do you check if you are dealing with a real company as opposed to a time-wasting estate agent online?
The popularity of cash-buying companies for properties has been steadily increasing, especially with the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
After more than a year, homeowners are turning to secure channels to sell their properties due to a variety of reasons, such as:
- Financial difficulties,
- The sale of an inherited house,
- Separation or divorce,
- Part exchange of a house,
- Repairing a broken chain,
- Avoiding repossession,
- Disposing of a run-down house that requires renovation.
Typically, selling a house with any of these issues on the property market can be challenging. How long would it take to find a buyer for a property that needs refurbishing? This is where companies that buy houses for cash come in.
They will buy your property in its existing condition, so you don’t have to worry about fixing anything before selling.
What are the pros and cons of selling to a professional home buyer?
If you’re considering selling your house to a quick house sale company, you’ll probably get 25-30% less than the market value.
We can take a look at the pros and cons of this option:
- Quick completion of the sale
- Fastest way to get money from a house sale
- No need to worry about chains or the sale falling through
- Can be sold fast despite existing structural problems such as subsidence or issues like Japanese Knotweed
- It is a good option when the market is challenging
- Avoids the risk of repossession
- You must accept an offer that is lower than the market value. A typical offer is 25-30% lower than selling via an estate agent.
- You could encounter rogue companies, so you must be careful as they will waste several months and back out of a sale.
So, should you sell your property to Property Saviour?
If you’re thinking about selling your house, it is important to weigh all your options carefully.
At Property Saviour, we strive to be as transparent as possible with our clients. We guarantee that you won’t be charged any fees if your property is sold to us. That’s our promise to you.
We’ll pay £1,500 towards your legal fees. You are welcome to use your own solicitor. We’ll complete the purchase within 10 days or at your timescale.
You can read our genuine success stories left by real sellers just like you. Request a call back today.
Sell with certainty & speed
Property Saviour Price Promise
- The price we’ll offer is the price that you will receive with no hidden deductions.
- Be careful with ‘cash buyers’ who require a valuation needed for a mortgage or bridging loan.
- These valuations or surveys result in delays and price reductions later on.
- We are cash buyers. There are no surveys.
- We always provide proof of funds with every formal offer issued.
We'll Pay £1,500 Towards Your Legal Fees
- No long exclusivity agreement to sign because we are the buyers.
- You are welcome to use your own solicitor.
- If you don’t have one, we can ask our solicitors for recommendations.
- We share our solicitor’s details and issue a Memorandum of Sale.
Sell With Certainty & Speed
- Our approach is transparent and ethical, which is why sellers trust us.
- 100% Discretion guaranteed.
- If you have another buyer, you can put us in a contracts race to see who completes first.
- Complete in 10 days or at a timescale that works for you. You are in control.