If you are thinking about selling your freehold office building, then you have arrived at the right place.
Property Saviour are specialists in buying commercial properties of all types. We absolutely love to buy any empty or tenanted office buildings.
Table of Contents
Sell your office building for cash
We can help you sell your office building as quickly as possible so whether you need to raise funds for retirement, looking to move abroad or raise funds for any reason, we can help.
Have you found yourself in a position where you need to sell your office building? Selling a commercial property is a little bit more complex than selling a residential property.
Of course, there is a different mentality – when buying a residential property, there is a lot of emotional impact on the decision, whereas with commercial, it’s an investment – a generator of income. The great news is that Property Saviour are expert commercial property buyers, and we would absolutely love to buy yours.
There are several reasons why you might be looking to sell your office. Maybe you are retiring, moving, changing directions or just need the funds. Life can make unexpected changes, and we completely understand. Whatever the reason, we will help you sell your office building as quickly as possible. We are here to make the entire process less stressful so you can focus on more important things.
Whatever the reason for selling your commercial property – we have encountered them all before. Has your property been vacant for years, requires substantial refurbishment, the ongoing costs of maintaining the building are too high, you are moving, or you’re retiring? If any of these sounds familiar, we are here to help.
So, amongst the first (very worried) questions that often get fired our way are “My office building is small, will people still need it?” and “It’s not in the city centre, will anybody buy it?” The answer is yes.
Everybody has unique needs and requirements for their business, and we can guarantee that your space will be perfect for somebody whether you have a two-hundred-square-foot office building, one in the city centre or one occupied by a long-term tenant. We are interested. We never turn an office down just because it is small or needs renovation.
So, you are probably wondering who we are, what we do and why we seem to be swooping down to save you. Well, we are professional buyers of commercial property who believe in honesty, integrity, and trust.
We will buy any commercial building, and because we’re not commercial estate agents with us, there’s absolutely no commission to be paid. We know exactly what we are doing; for the past twenty years, we have been helping business owners – we understand every situation and will always take everything into consideration.
We offer a hassle-free sale of commercial property that will be delivered in the timeframe you need.
Our experience means that we absolutely know that your office is extremely unique, and consequently, we will offer you a fair cash offer based on your specific property. Does this sound like something you can get on board with? Then, keep reading.
Why you should consider selling to us:
- No commercial estate agent fees to pay
- We will buy any office building in any location
- No uncertainty or increased stress
- We work with your timescale fast and efficiently
- We will not arrange endless, useless viewings
- We pay for your legal fees too!
Firstly, we have cash available right now to make a purchase. Still not sure? You can use your own solicitor – something which is not possible when you’re dealing with others.
We know that this entire process is a little daunting. We are confident in our service, value, honesty and integrity, and we are certain we will be able to help you. Just get your solicitor to contact our solicitor, and you are good to go.
We will guide you through every step, giving you daily updates and never leaving you in the dark. This is your property, and you deserve, at the very least, to know exactly what is happening.
Steps involved in selling an office building
There are several steps involved in selling an office building, including:
- Ensuring that you have a valid EPC.
- Carry out an asbestos survey.
- Complete Commercial Property Standard Enquiries (CPSE) form.
- Signed leases are in place if a property is tenanted or dilapidation works have been completed.
How do I get started with Property Saviour?
Our non-judgemental approach means we are here to help. We will buy any commercial property, so whether you have a small office or a large block of offices, we’d love to hear from you.
We are committed to delivering you a hassle-free experience, as you can see from our reviews.
You can contact one of us on 0113 320 6700 or make an enquiry by filling out our form. A member of our team will be in touch with you within 24 hours, and we can get the ball rolling.
We will buy any commercial property because we’re not estate agents. It means that there are no commissions to be paid. We have been helping business owners release equity tied up in the properties for the last 20 years.
Our purchasing process for commercial properties is designed to be as hassle-free as possible. This enables you as a seller to achieve a quick sale of your office building in a timeframe that works for you. We understand that no two commercial properties are the same, and that is why we carry out extensive research before we make you a fair cash offer.
We have purchased office buildings that do not have signed leases in place with tenants who are in occupation.
Maybe your office building has been vacant for a number of years and requires a full refurbishment. You may be paying for business rates, which can run into tens of thousands of pounds each year. Is the cost of maintenance too high for the office building? If this sounds familiar, and you are genuinely looking to sell an office building, then we can help because:
- We have cash available right now to buy your commercial property fast
- With us, you can use your own solicitor
- All you have to do is get your solicitor to send contracts to our solicitor
- We are on hand to ensure that we guide you through selling your commercial property. This means you have a dedicated person who can give you a daily update on the progress of your purchase.
- If your business is one of the occupants within the office building, you can sell the building and lease it back at a fair price. This is an ideal arrangement for those who are looking to maintain management of the business without the financial burdens that come with owning an office building.
Sell office building & leaseback scheme
Many business owners are also commercial property owners. If you need to raise funds to invest in a business, then a sale and leaseback of your commercial property could be the answer. By doing so, your business is unaffected, and the capital raised from the sale of the freehold can be invested into the business. You can also concentrate on expanding your business.
We are also completely aware that many business owners are commercial property owners. If your business is one of the occupants within your office building, you do not have to worry. We offer a lease-back scheme which allows you to stay comfortably in the office that you have made your own. This means that your business will still be able to run, completely unaffected, without any financial burdens of owning your own office building. Phew.
The sale and leaseback agreement basically consists of you selling the freehold to us and then leasing the property back from us. This allows you to run your business with fewer risks and, surprisingly enough, offers tax advantages. Paying on lease can offset as a business running expense and may carry tax benefits.
It’s a win-win situation, really. You will also be able to manage your monthly budget more carefully. As well as this, any cash you generate from your hard work can immediately be invested back into the business, not the property. Many commercial property owners choose this route and do not reflect on their decisions. If you’re interested in this approach, call us on 0113 320 6700.
Whether you want a small office space or an entire office block that you’re looking to sell, we would be very interested in purchasing it regardless of whether it is occupied or empty and comes with liabilities such as business rates or high maintenance costs.
We are committed to ensuring that the sale process of your property runs as smoothly as possible. Contact us on 0113 320 6700. Alternatively, you can fill out an enquiry form, and a member of our team will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Decide whether to sell or rent your property. Check your tax position and potential tax liability.
- Give your property a realistic value.
- Check the mortgage balance.
- Decide whether to sell property privately for cash or via a commercial property agent. Both options have their pros and cons.
- Take care of all outstanding maintenance jobs, tidying up the car park to increase your building’s curb appeal. Get windows washed regularly even if your office building is vacant.
- Hire the most experienced commercial property agent who has sold the most commercial properties in your area. Incentivise your agent if he/she is able to sell your property quickly within an acceptable timeframe.
- Check your offers and whenever you can opt for cash offer as commercial mortgages are difficult to get.
Commercial office buildings are valued based on income. However, vacant commercial office buildings are considered a liability because of cost of upkeep in terms of maintenance, insurance, security and business rates.