Selling an Unmortgageable House Fast
Selling an unmortgageable house couldn’t be any easier with Property Saviour.
Whether your property has structural issues, complex title problems or needs updating. We are ready to make you a cash offer now.
How to sell an unmortgageable house?
Do you want a fair cash price for your unmortgageable house?
When using an estate agent, we understand that selling an unmortgageable house is tough. These properties are advertised as suitable for cash house buyers only and wait for the phone to ring.
We offer you an alternative by selling your home for cash. We are trusted by homeowners just like you.
If your house requires extensive renovation, such as a new kitchen, new bathroom, new electrics, new central heating system, or possibly even attention to your roof and windows, then you may be struggling to sell in a reasonable timescale.
We can help if you don’t have the inclination or ability to do the necessary renovation work.
Don’t struggle alone. Start the process of selling your unmortgageable house:
Sell with certainty & speed
Table of Contents
Why would a house be unmortgageable?
Properties without a kitchen or bathroom, those with any structural defects, damp, dry or wet rot, and those close to mining works, areas of landfill, areas of recent flooding or subsidence are all unmortgageable.
Leasehold properties with a short lease, typically less than 70 years, or a defective lease, and those with boundary disputes or where planning applications have not been applied for correctly, cannot be mortgaged.
Any derelict property or one with part of the building in severe disrepair and needing demolishing, and all properties of non-standard construction are typically not mortgageable. And finally, some properties with sitting tenants or regulated tenancies, and all those with a value below a threshold, usually £40,000, are usually not mortgageable.
This is a list of issues that can make a house unmortgageable:
Legal issues That Affect mortgageability
These are some of the common legal issues that make a house unmortgageable:
Selling a house with woodworms?
What to do if your house is unmortgageable?
So, if you want to sell your unmortgageable house, sell it to a cash buyer.
Fixing the issues to make the property mortgageable will take time and won’t be easy or a cheap fix. By selling the property, you can pass the risk on to someone else, and this can be a huge relief.
Always ensure that the individual or cash-buying company have the funds in the bank to purchase your property outright, so a mortgage or a bridging loan won’t be necessary.
If the cash house buying company that you are dealing with are true cash buyers, they’d happily provide you with a bank statement. You can look at Companies House website and check for a history of charges:
How can I sell my unmortgageable property?
If you’re looking to sell your home fast, there are two options to consider. Let’s review the pros & cons for both:
Auctioning Your House
Auction Houses offer unmortgageable properties regularly to their list of investors.
But to maximise your chances of successfully auctioning your property, you’ll need to:
- Put in a really low guide price. This is to get buyers excited as property auctions are home to bargains.
- Your reserve price has to be realistic. This means you are taking a huge financial gamble!
- You’ll have to pay upfront fees. An entry fee of £500 is normal. Preparing the legal pack can cost around £1,000.
- There’s no guarantee that your property will sell as there’s a surge of properties hitting auctions according to EIG’s Property Auction Insight Report.
Cash House Buyers
As we’ve mentioned, not all cash house buyers have the cash. You won’t want to waste several months to see if you can sell your property. You can read more about how to identify if you are dealing with a true cash house buyer.
Here at Property Saviour, we’ll buy any problematic property for cash. We’ll renovate the property & fix any legal issues.
When it comes to property transactions, we aim to earn your trust. We do that by standing by our values:
Property Saviour Price Promise
- The price we’ll offer is the price that you will receive with no hidden deductions.
- Be careful with ‘cash buyers’ who require a valuation needed for a mortgage or bridging loan.
- These valuations or surveys result in delays and price reductions later on.
- We are cash buyers. There are no surveys.
- We always provide proof of funds with every formal offer issued.
We'll Pay £1,500 Towards Your Legal Fees
- No long exclusivity agreement to sign because we are the buyers.
- You are welcome to use your own solicitor.
- If you don’t have one, we can ask our solicitors for recommendations.
- We share our solicitor’s details and issue a Memorandum of Sale.
Sell With Certainty & Speed
- Our approach is transparent and ethical, which is why sellers trust us.
- 100% Discretion guaranteed.
- If you have another buyer, you can put us in a contracts race to see who completes first.
- Complete in 10 days or at a timescale that works for you. You are in control.
Sell with certainty & speed
Subsidence affecting your sale?
Is Your Property Giving You Sleepless Nights?
Are you worried about uncertainty and delays that are giving you sleepless nights? Once you have sold your property, what would it enable you to do? Perhaps go on a holiday or a small break, book a spa day or give you peace of mind.
Our client success stories provide you with personal case studies that will give you a good idea of the range of property-selling issues we deal with.
Get in touch with us to see how can help: