Property Saviour logo
Call Me Back, Please

How to Sell a Property Without TA6 Form

Property Saviour » Buying » How to Sell a Property Without TA6 Form

Are you thinking about selling a property without a TA6 Form?  If you are selling a home, you must provide proof of ownership.  

By now, you might be wondering “What documents do I need to sell my house?” Well, there are lots! To name some you will need proof of identity, title deeds, property searches, forms, and more.

You’ll also need to provide various certificates to sell your property such as gas and electrical work certificates.

If you wish to sell your house without filling in the TA6 Form, we would be happy to help.  Because as a seller you will need to provide title guarantees and you may not have intimate knowledge of the property because you didn’t live there.  We always buy inherited properties from Executors, who don’t have to fill in complicated paperwork or provide any guarantees.

If you sell to a normal buyer who needs to obtain a mortgage, then the lending terms dictate that the seller must provide a title guarantee and file in the TA6 Form, also known as the Property Information Form.

Table of Contents

What is the TA6 Form?

The TA6 Form is a helpful tool for sellers to provide important details about the property they are selling to buyers. It contains a series of important questions which must be answered as detailed and truthful as possible.

The Property Information Form is only one of three standard Law Society forms property sellers use. The other two forms are the TA10 Form and the TA7 Form.

What does the TA6 Form contain?

The current TA6 form contains crucial information relating to the sale of a property. Check the table below to find what valuable subjects it covers to prepare you for any transaction.

We buy property even without a TA6 Form. Get in touch!


Information Covered

Property Details

Location or address, tenure if it’s a freehold or leasehold property, number of bedrooms or bathrooms, outbuildings, and others.

Boundaries and Rights of Way

Common parts shared with neighbours must be identified as boundaries can often lead to disputes between neighbours, so it is important to establish clear responsibilities from the beginning.

Planning and Building Regulations

Compliance with building and planning applications, any granted planning permissions, extensions, and alterations must be disclosed in this document.


The supply of services such as connection details for electricity, gas, water, drainage, broadband, and more.

Guarantees and Warranties

Details of any existing guarantees or warranties for appliances, plumbing, roofs, and more should also be provided.

Heating and Insulation

Type of heating system, energy efficiency rating, insulation details.

Flooding and Drainage

History of flooding, flood risk zone, drainage systems, and septic tank.

Japanese Knotweed

Watch out for Japanese knotweed! This invasive species has a significant impact on properties that can cause structural damage and decrease property financial value

How to Sell a Property Without TA6 Form
The current TA6 form contains crucial information relating to the sale of a property.

Is a TA6 Form mandatory?

A TA6 Form is not mandatory to sell a property. However, the lack of a completed TA6 may raise concerns for buyers, yes—even if there are no issues with the property.

Filling out a TA6 Form can be a practical decision as it consolidates all the information about the property into one structured form. This prevents unnecessary back and forth between solicitors, ultimately reducing the time it takes to sell your house.

What happens if a seller lies on a property information Form?

If a property seller lies on the TA6 Form, the buyer may have grounds to claim misrepresentation. This can result in the seller being held liable for misleading the buyer about the property.

This means that if the seller innocently, negligently, or fraudulently provided incorrect information, the buyer has legal recourse.

Who completes a TA6 Form?

The seller will need to complete the Property Information Form. If you wish to sell a property the Law Society will require you to accomplish two other forms apart from the TA6.

  • TA10 – Fixtures & Content Form
  • TA7- Leasehold Information Form
How to complete a TA6 Form
The seller must deliver accurate details as the buyer may claim compensation for inaccurate and false information.

How to complete a TA6 Form?

When completing the Property Information Form, being as honest and detailed as possible is important. Please always be sure to include relevant information without excluding any details. Since it is expected that as a seller you do not have enough technical or expert knowledge regarding the matter, here’s how you can complete the Form to the best of your knowledge.

  1. The seller must consult with the conveyancing solicitor throughout the process. They can provide guidance and advice based on your specific situation.
  2. The seller should contact the solicitor immediately if they encounter details that would change any provided information.
  3. The seller must deliver accurate details as the buyer may claim compensation for inaccurate and false information.
  4. The seller should provide correct and legitimate documents or paperwork to support the information provided.

What Supporting Documents Do You Need?

If you are planning to put your property on the market, you will need other supporting documents apart from the three standard forms (TA6, TA7, and TA10) of the Law Society. I’ve listed the paperwork below that can heavily support your TA6 Form.

Depending on the status of the property you are selling, you might need less or more than these documents.

Can I sue the seller for non-disclosure?

If you have purchased a house in England or Wales and the vendor failed to disclose any issues, absolutely—you can take legal action against a seller for non-disclosure.

Sellers have a legal obligation to inform potential buyers about all known information regarding the property, whether positive or negative. This ensures transparency and allows buyers to make informed decisions.

Can I sue the house seller for non disclosure
It may require extra effort, but you can still sell your house without building regulations.

Can I still sell my house without building regulations?

It may require extra effort, but you can still sell your house without building regulations. This information must also be disclosed in the TA6 Form and to all potential buyers to avoid legal liability in the future. Failing to do so can put you at risk of hiding important information.

Also, if building authorities know you lack certification, they may take enforcement action against you, regardless of whether the previous owner made the alterations.

Can Property Saviour Help?

You can sell your property in ‘as is’ condition to us.  We’ll buy for cash meaning there are no complications with surveys or change of mind as we will be looking to renovate the property, rent it or sell it a few years down the line. 

There are no fees, delays or excuses.  You can decide when you wish to complete which can be as quick as 10 days or a timescale that works for you.

Sell with certainty & speed

auction hammer

Property Saviour Price Promise

  • The price we’ll offer is the price that you will receive with no hidden deductions.
  • Be careful with ‘cash buyers’ who require a valuation needed for a mortgage or bridging loan.
  • These valuations or surveys result in delays and price reductions later on.
  • We are cash buyers.  There are no surveys.
  • We always provide proof of funds with every formal offer issued.

We'll Pay £1,500 Towards Your Legal Fees

  • No long exclusivity agreement to sign because we are the buyers.
  • You are welcome to use your own solicitor. 
  • If you don’t have one, we can ask our solicitors for recommendations.
  • We share our solicitor’s details and issue a Memorandum of Sale. 

Sell With Certainty & Speed

  • Our approach is transparent and ethical, which is why sellers trust us.
  • 100% Discretion guaranteed. 
  • If you have another buyer, you can put us in a contracts race to see who completes first.
  • Complete in 10 days or at a timescale that works for you.  You are in control.
Share This Article:

Related Articles

Skip to content